You may have heard the phrase ‘managed WordPress support’ or seen it advertised on TV and have asked yourself ‘what is it?’
If you own a WordPress website and have suffered from it being hacked, going offline or feel your time is wasted on performing mundane website tasks such as updates, then you should consider managed WordPress support.
Whether you are new to WordPress or you don’t quite know what WordPress management is, this post will reveal everything you need to know and how it can help you.
Do I Need Help with My Website?
If you’re a business owner or freelancer, then the likelihood is that your time is already taken up performing many tasks in a variety of roles to keep your business running successfully.
Websites are a lot of work and can be very time consuming. Once your website is live, there is a lot to monitor, maintain, and update on a regular basis.
If your WordPress website is left unmanaged you run the risk of it being hacked, infected by malware, loss of data, or in worst-case scenario the complete loss of your website.
Surprisingly, a lot of web hosts do not take responsibility of performing backups of your website so you could potentially face a situation where your website is lost forever – leading to the expensive cost of having to pay for your website to be rebuilt.
If you cannot afford a web developer, or don’t have the time to manage and maintain your website yourself, then on-going managed WordPress support may be the ideal solution for you.
What Is Managed WordPress Support?
Managed WordPress support is essentially a service that passes the technical management and issues of your website over to a professional WordPress support company or web host.
They will manage your website on a daily, weekly and monthly basis providing some, if not all, of the features below:
- WordPress core updates
- Theme updates
- Security monitoring
- Performance monitoring
- Up-time monitoring
- Hack Clean-up
- Website edits and changes
- Web hosting
A good support company will also give sound, professional advice and provide regular reports on the work they perform and any issues found.
Costs vary between providers and depend on the level of service and features included, typically ranging between £20 to £75 with the option of adding additional hours for making simple edits and changes to your website.
What Are the Benefits of Managed WordPress Support?
The benefits that come with a managed WordPress support solution far outweigh the costs, some of the benefits include:
- Frees up your time – You won’t have to worry about the technical problems that come with running a website as these are all taken care of for you. Freeing up your valuable time to concentrate on your business.
- Predictable costs – For a fixed monthly fee you are guaranteed that there are no unexpected costs due to your website being hacked or going offline.
- Keeps your website secure – Regular updates are performed on your website to secure it against any known vulnerabilities, keeping your website safe from attack and online.
- Reduced down-time – If there is a security issue, or for whatever reason your website goes down, then the support company will be alerted to it and fix the issue quickly. Often before you are even aware there is a problem with your website.
- Expert advice – The availability of expert advice and knowledge of a WordPress professional at your fingertips to answer any questions you may have.
- Specialist web hosting – Web hosting that is tailored to WordPress to provide optimum performance and security for your website.
WP Buddy’s WordPress support plans give you all of these benefits for an affordable monthly fee. We offer three comprehensive plans that help ensure your website is kept safe and secure, and each of our plans is designed to help anyone run a WordPress site – whether you have just started or have been going for years.
Why Choose WP Buddy?
WP Buddy is the new WordPress management service that makes running a website simple and keeps it secure.
We focus on all the technical aspects of running your WordPress site, meaning you can focus on your business. From protecting your website with backups and monitoring, to providing vital updates to your site, we ensure your website runs smoothly by minimising risks to your security.
Our team is made up of professional WordPress experts who will keep an eye on your website, protecting you from hackers and bugs. They will monitor your website for security, up-time and performance checking if your website has been compromised, whether it is online, and how long it takes for your website to load.
Security is at the core of each of our cost-effective plans, and we will ensure you get the best service required to keep your website going at its full potential. We offer an additional service for eCommerce sites using WooCommerce, and can also provide performance optimisation as part of your package.
No matter what kind of website you run, we know the ins and outs of WordPress websites and will be able to help you manage your site.
Get in contact with WP Buddy to find out how we can help with your WordPress site.